Thursday, June 26, 2008

Okay, so I go over to Ed's blog, Enriched Geranium because I haven't been there in a while and I read his comment here recently, and while I'm there, I look at the top post and read about this French song. I then click on the youtube clip and following Ed's advise, I don't view the clip but instead read the lyrics translated into English and of course, listen. So now I'm thinking that if I'm to be treated to gems like this in the future, I have to visit Enriched Geranium more often. Another blog added to the list and with pleasure!

Yikes. It's 12:30 and I'm late to have lunch with W.P. at what we call The Polish Wagon - excellent Polish food, with what I would call roadside atmosphere. :-) It's a gray day, so we'll likely bring it home, across the river, and watch the chickens in the backyard. Yes, you read me correctly: the chickens. We have two chicks in the backyard that are quickly growing into hens. We're in love. What can I say, we love birds. I wish I had photos but my camera is broken. My kids have pics in their cameras but they're hardly ever around.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plug and I'm glad you enjoyed the song. That's one of those songs that I find gut wrenching. Music is such an oddly personal thing, and sometimes when I share those things with people and they don't experience it the way I do, I wonder if I'm nuts. It's reassuring to know that someone else is getting it.

    We live in the city, and they only passed an ordinance allowing people to keep chickens. Several of our neighbors have chickens, and a house right behind ours has one. It makes enough noise that for a while I thought she had many chickens. Every morning it gets noisy at about 7:00, then again at 4:00 in the afternoon. I kind of like having the sound of chickens in our neighborhood. Interestingly, I never used to see foxes around here, but since people started keeping chickens I've spotted several, or the same one several times. I wonder if there is a connection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. W.P. and I are in love with the silly things. My grandmothers raised chickens for food. As kids we'd get to hold the chicks but once they lost their fuzz, they became just chickens; not pets. These gals are pets. So at almost 49 (July 1), I get my wish fulfilled to keep chickens as pets. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say you've been here.

I am sorry to say that I don't publish anonymous comments unless I know you through your initials, first name or blog name. I don't publish comments that have ANY kind of commercial or 'for sale' links.

You are Invited to Scroll Down! :-)

Please feel free to scroll down and look at the followers list, badges, photos and tons and tons of great links!

Search This Blog

In Memory of Bobbie

In Memory of Bobbie
Almost There

ARTLEX Art Dictionary

Kick Homophobia in The Butt: Add Your Name to the List of Supporters

Kick Homophobia in The Butt:  Add Your Name to the List of Supporters
click photo

Northampton Prop 8 Protest

Northampton Prop 8 Protest

It's Only Love

It's Only Love
See More Elopment Pictures here
Thoughts from an Evil Overlord

Million Doors for Peace

Lines and Colors

Lines and Colors
A New Art Resource I Just Discovered!

Emily Dickinson - The Belle of Amherst

Emily Dickinson - The Belle of Amherst
"When the Amherst sphinx styled herself a pagan, she meant she didn’t believe in the biblical God. What sort of deity, if any, she did believe in is hard to pinpoint."
-- Gary Sloan, "Emily Dickinson: Pagan Sphinx,"

National Protest Against Prop 8

National Protest Against Prop 8

My Daughters

My Daughters

Code Pink

"The arc of the moral universe is long but it bends toward justice."
~Martin Luther King Jr.
Love and compassion is the Universal religion. That is my religion.
~ The Dalai Lama

This site is certified 30% EVIL by the Gematriculator

Blog Archive

Fair Use

I believe that the images and writing posted here fall under the "fair use" section of the U.S. copyright law http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#107, as they are intended for educational purposes and are not in a medium that is of commercial nature.

Labels

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin