I've been tagged, alas. And by none other than the lovely Fran. How can I resist an invitation to play from one of the most vivacious bloggers in the blogosphere? Just look at her wedding photo on a post celebrating her and Mr. FranHeIs's one year anniversary. Is this not a beautiful and happy woman?
So the rules are these six items in bold that I'm about to respond to:
1) Ten years ago I was....
Married; living with my ex-husband and two daughters in a small but utterly charming little house in the country; working at a job I adored; and totally miserable.
2) Five things on today's To Do list...
1) Work on federal financial aid forms for Supergirl II (ugh)
2) Do a load of dark laundry
3) Call W.P.'s mother (who is like a mother-in-law without the "law")
4) Change the bed in anticipation of the arrival of my Beloved who has been away on
5) Play Meme tag
3) Things I'd do if I were a billionaire...
Donate a whole lot to favorite charities that help people and organizations working toward peace. Put Supergirl I through law school (which is right around the corner). Make sure that my kids were comfortable. Buy a modest but comfortable home in my native Portugal, near the ocean.
Share extravagances with my friends and family. Travel.
4) Three bad habits...
1) Hating exercise
2) Being a bit anti-social (I like seeing people, just not in big groups; having to attend large
gatherings is a bane of my existance
3) Leaving my coffee mugs all around the house in the morning and forgetting where I left
5) Five Places I've Lived...
1) the village in Portugal where I was born
2) just outside of Paris, France
3) the foothills of the Berkshires
4) the Berkshires
5) in my head
6) Five jobs I've had...
Having already done this piece in another meme, I'll try to think of five other jobs besides that I've held. There were plenty when I was a student and again when I was a stay-at-home mother trying to make a buck in the evenings when my husband could be home with the kids.
1) companion to a couple of elderly women with Alzheimer's (sad and interesting)
2) pushing a vacuum cleaner at a department store (that lasted two weeks)
3) IHOP Girl (I learned how to carry 12 water glasses without a tray)
4) tutor for children of migrant workers (loved it)
5) Breastfeeding peer counselor (volunteer)
Fran taged three people, so that's how many I'll tag:
1) Minnesottablue at Random Thoughts
2) Winston at Nobody Asked
3) Beth at A Cup of Coffey
If you're tagged, let me know that your post is up. When you tag people, let them know through a comment on their blog.
lines and colors :: a blog about drawing, painting, illustration, comics, concept art and other visual arts
2 days ago