Thursday is Peace Tree night. Go on over and read my post entitled Surveillance.
But before you go, here is a post-related song that should take you back. In 1967, I was eight years old and I'd just immigrated to the U.S. with my family. I loved this song, didn't really understand it for many years, but in the three months it took me to learn the language fluently, I remember loving the line "young people speaking their minds" - thinking that a very, very good idea. :-)
Paranoia strikes deep;
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, The Man come and take you away...
Buffalo Springfield
For What It's Worth
1967
A few Autumnal paintings
1 week ago
Great band, fabulous song. Seems to be timeless, somehow. Strangely, I was just listening to a reggae version of this (if you can imagine that), which seemed to completely misunderstand the song! Oddly, it was still good.
ReplyDeleteme? i was in high school and that song still gives me chills. love it.
ReplyDeleteWell, in 1967 I was 35 years old, had been married for 10 years and had 3 children. I was probably too busy to really listen to the words, but I remember liking the song too. Still do.
ReplyDelete